Friday, March 23, 2007

Heat and Energy




Know the active, the masculine
Yet keep to the passive, the feminine,
Being the entrance of the world
You embrace harmony
And become as a newborn.


.................................Tao to Ching Chapter 28


At the beginning of June, seven months after the heart attack, I essentially finished the last drawing in the series I had done after heart attack.


Through the process, I had found emotional release and comfort. I re-discovered the world of alchemy, which now seemed as if it had something very important and forgotten wisdom to convey. Similarly, the Tao Te Ching, an ancient Chinese book of wisdom, also connected with me on a much deeper level


The snow had melted in Fairbanks, the trees were green, and the outside world was beckoning. It was time to plant flowers, fix up the cave, walk the labyrinth.

The process was far from over, but now there were both masculine and feminine energy working together.
.
.
.

My Zimbio
Top Stories